What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew, thought you might want to know...

+5
Ehwmatt
Andrew
yulog
Saint John
GI_Jim
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Andrew, thought you might want to know... Empty Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by GI_Jim Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:04 am

Your MRCD9 tracks on CD1 are all out of order starting on the song before Robert Sall's track. Figured you might want to know so you can fix it.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Andrew, thought you might want to know... Empty Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by GI_Jim Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 am

Just listened some more, and I think there's only 4 or 5 tracks out of order. The last few seem right.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Andrew, thought you might want to know... Empty Re: Andrew, thought you might want to know...

Post by Saint John Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:18 am

Jesus Christ, Jim, give the guy a break. He's listening to and reviewing Trixter: Live At Walmart.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 am

Saint John wrote:Jesus Christ, Jim, give the guy a break. He's listening to and reviewing Trixter: Live At Walmart.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 pm

You're welcome Andrew. Don't mention it... Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:47 pm

GI_Jim wrote: Don't mention it... Laughing

Well, you got this part right. Wink
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 pm

GI_Jim wrote:You're welcome Andrew. Don't mention it... Laughing

Laughing you bastard! Laughing

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:00 pm

yulog wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:You're welcome Andrew. Don't mention it... Laughing

Laughing you bastard! Laughing

I know... I'm such a dick! Lol!!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 pm

GI_Jim wrote:Your MRCD9 tracks on CD1 are all out of order starting on the song before Robert Sall's track. Figured you might want to know so you can fix it.

Maybe Thats why i didnt like some of the tracks i thought for sure i would love Embarassed

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 am

ONE track was mixed with the one before it. That's it. everything else is fine.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:29 am

GI_Jim wrote:Just listened some more, and I think there's only 4 or 5 tracks out of order. The last few seem right.

Which tracks did you like Jimbo, you must be pissed that there are no lost Chicago tracks on this one Laughing

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Andrew wrote:ONE track was mixed with the one before it. That's it. everything else is fine.

You obviously didn't listen to the rest of the tracks. Click on Kelly Keagy's song and you hear "Mama's Kitchen". The song below that is wrong too.

P'OWNED!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by GI_Jim on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:42 pm

yulog wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:Just listened some more, and I think there's only 4 or 5 tracks out of order. The last few seem right.

Which tracks did you like Jimbo, you must be pissed that there are no lost Chicago tracks on this one Laughing

Yeah, I am pissed that he couldn't get better demos from bands like Chicago... Laughing Honestly, other than the Robert Sall, and the Fran Cosmo songs, nothing really jumps out to me on CD1. I also find it very strange to hear a couple of country songs mixed in with the rock. They're WAY out of place. There's nothing wrong with promoting country on the site, but I would have made a separate disc for that.

The second cd, I like Redrum and Rock And Roll Sensation. That's it. I know many others will like a lot of the other songs, but they're not my cup of tea.

With that said (and it's just my own opinion), I hope Andrew sells a million of them. That way, maybe he'll finally finish the website he's been promising for years. Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Did you listen to the bonus tracks? i didnt initially. My first impression of the melrock orchestra song was the chorus sounded cheesy. Listening to the 2nd version on the bonus part, the song sounds so much better without the layered extra vocals. Raine- splendid sounds interesting, the rock sugar song sounds good .I'd like to hear the rest of the 1st Michael riesenbeck song(not the instrumental) and the biggest surprise for me and probably the best song i heard out of the entire 3 cds worth of music is the phillip Bardowell song, I really like that one. Oddly i have listened to some of his solo stuff and i didnt care for any of the songs.

I thought for sure i was going to like the stuff from
Auras
kelly keagy
Robbie lablanc
bonrud
Shadowman
Salute
Aor
eric martenssen

Shockingly , i didnt care for any of it , the 2 Robbie lablanc songs just sounded like a different style of music compared to Blanc faces, i guess i was hoping it would be 2 more blanc faces songs.

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Yeah, I was surprised too. With many of those names, I thought I would like more. I just don't care for them. They just seem like songs picked up from the cutting room floor that were leftovers not wanted for other projects. Not trying to be a dick here. Just being honest. Not like I had anything better to put on it! Lol!!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Jim - trying to or not - you really are a dick.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Andrew wrote:Jim - trying to or not - you really are a dick.

For not liking the cd or stating my opinion? Yeah, I can see how that makes me a dick. Go choke on a fucking kangaroo.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:38 pm

You know what you are doing. I'm logging off WTF and all further digs at me.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm

I tried to help you by pointing out the error on your front page. I'm sure the artists would appreciate you getting their tracks labeled correctly. You came in here in typical style and were an asshole about it instead of saying thanks and correcting it. It's your site. If you want to fuck it up and drive people away, go ahead.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 am

Andrew wrote:I'm logging off WTF and all further digs at me.

Shocked Rolling Eyes scratch Andrew, thought you might want to know... 47142 I can't believe you can say that and not see the hypocrisy in such a statement. In case you've forgotten, you run Melodicrock.com and have allowed digs, barbs, slams and language so abusive it would make Mel Gibson blush! Yet, you can say that about what's been said about you on this site ... and you're running away? Laughing

Remember, you had the nerve to say the following to me (on here):

BUT....I will say that I have lost a HUGE amount of respect for you. HUGE. To be so up tight and pissy over this as to not even comment on ANY Dean thread, nor your own "Prayers For..." thread shows a deep level of contempt for those others that befriended you.

I cannot believe you made no post for Dean at his "home base". Appauling lack of apathy or just plain arrogance. Not sure which. Maybe both.

The above is not a "dig" either. It's a precise, direct, personal attack against my character. It is also, largely, unwarranted and baseless. But the folly of the whole thing is that you're playing God here. You're telling me how I should grieve for Dean and where I should do it. You also show an amount of brazenness that is unparalleled in both ignorance and due diligence. I won't bore you with the ways I reached out to Lula or how many people I contacted in PM or via text message to thank for the well-wishes posted (especially since I'm not doing it on YOUR board), but I will point out that this transparent narcissism and contempt on your part seems to stem from me leaving your board. I'm not sure if this is some bastardized version of postpartum depression, nor do I care. See, the thing is this, Andrew ... I keep my promises. Try doing the same (see "new board"). Regardless, as I've always stated, the people on your board come first, and I harbor no sour grapes. I'll be at your next Melodicrock Fest, should there be one, but I'd be self-suppressing and untruthful if I didn't tell you that I think you're a Grade A asshole. Now scurry along, as to not have to be distressed and tortured over the "digs" pointed your way here. Laughing

PS When you get the time, I'd appreciate a link in PM to the outpouring of grief over Dean's untimely passing by Jeff Scott Soto over at Dean's "home base." Especially considering Dean was that guy's mouthpiece, shield and sword. Not to mention his son Wyatt's Godfather. Looking forward to the link, buddy. Maybe I missed his eulogy.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm confused , i thought you did write something Dan, i could swear i read something, it just wasn't some overblown hypocrytical piece of garbage like some others wrote down.I think Soto did too, i believe it just wasnt written at MR i think there was a link to another site.

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:38 pm

yulog wrote:I'm confused , i thought you did write something Dan, i could swear i read something, it just wasn't some overblown hypocrytical piece of garbage like some others wrote down.I think Soto did too, i believe it just wasnt written at MR i think there was a link to another site.

I had left Melodicrock for 5 full months before Dean's passing and my exit was final. Furthermore, I was feeling like absolute hell at his passing, and was admitted and spent a week in the hospital, starting exactly 4 days after his death. My mother's 68th birthday, February 26th, was his last day alive. And I didn't even make the couple hour drive to Chicago to see her. But none of that is important. Not posting on MR when, what and how Andrew wanted is, though.

I posted a few thoughts here about Dean and my hospitalization, but, more importantly, I shared a LOT of stories with friends via text, phone calls and e-mails. I felt no compulsion to publicly eulogize a guy that I considered a one-of-a-kind dude and an acquaintance. Some things just aren't for public consumption, and the majority of my stories and feelings about Dean fall under that category. I talked to and thanked people like Lynn, Melissa, Behshad, Natalie, Angela, Gayle, Jim, Rip, Crazy Deb, Ed, Ehwmatt, Ginger and a few others. It was good enough for me, and I'm pretty sure it was good enough for them, too. Whether it was good enough for Andrew is the absolute least of my worries.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Saint John wrote:
yulog wrote:I'm confused , i thought you did write something Dan, i could swear i read something, it just wasn't some overblown hypocrytical piece of garbage like some others wrote down.I think Soto did too, i believe it just wasnt written at MR i think there was a link to another site.

I had left Melodicrock for 5 full months before Dean's passing and my exit was final. Furthermore, I was feeling like absolute hell at his passing, and was admitted and spent a week in the hospital, starting exactly 4 days after his death. My mother's 68th birthday, February 26th, was his last day alive. And I didn't even make the couple hour drive to Chicago to see her. But none of that is important. Not posting on MR when, what and how Andrew wanted is, though.

I posted a few thoughts here about Dean and my hospitalization, but, more importantly, I shared a LOT of stories with friends via text, phone calls and e-mails. I felt no compulsion to publicly eulogize a guy that I considered a one-of-a-kind dude and an acquaintance. Some things just aren't for public consumption, and the majority of my stories and feelings about Dean fall under that category. I talked to and thanked people like Lynn, Melissa, Behshad, Natalie, Angela, Gayle, Jim, Rip, Crazy Deb, Ed, Ehwmatt, Ginger and a few others. It was good enough for me, and I'm pretty sure it was good enough for them, too. Whether it was good enough for Andrew is the absolute least of my worries.

All this being said, I think you should return. The board sorely misses your opinions.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
All this being said, I think you should return. The board sorely misses your opinions.

You do, huh? Well *I* "think" that welfare trash should start getting jobs, that Israel should pack its shit and move out of The Middle East, that someone should use Hillary Clinton in a bestiality movie starring elephants and that Muhammad Ali should sit fucking still. None are gonna happen, though. And neither is my return to MR.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Saint John wrote:

I knew i had read something.Grieving is a strange thing,people have many different ways of doing it some are common and some not so common, I never found any of them to be wrong or right, just a lot of variables that play with how someone reacts when someone they know or don't know dies. I didnt respond at all to Deanos death, and at the time i thought it was the appropriate thing to do given the circumstances i had in front of me.I don't think it was wrong but i could see how others might think that way.

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next