What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Revelation" you might not see posted elsewhere .......

Go down

A "Revelation" you might not see posted elsewhere ....... Empty A "Revelation" you might not see posted elsewhere .......

Post by cat Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:46 am

http://www.caller.com/news/2008/jul/18/pineda-eerily-sounds-a-lot-like-steve-perry/

Sound Check with Jesse DeLeon

Pineda eerily sounds a lot like Steve Perry

Journey fans will wonder when they get an earful of "Revelation" (Nomota), the latest recording the band has created with vocalist Arnel Pineda, who also might be known as Steve Perry's stunt/voice double.

Neal Schon, Ross Valory and Jonathan Cain got Pineda to fill Perry's long vacant shoes, and the band attempts to re-create Journey's golden age of platinum albums like "Frontiers" and "Escape."

Eerily, Pineda does a good job of reaching Perry's vocal heights, and "Never Walk Away," "Change for the Better" and "Turn Down the World Tonight" attempt to recapture some of that magic. The songs, while paint-by-numbers arena rock with the occasional power ballad thrown in for good measure, would be unspectacular if they weren't sung by such a spot on sound-alike.

The record also features Schon's precise guitar work and Cain's pristine keyboard fills.

The problem is that Schon, Cain and the rest of the band should have red-lined the bonus disc that has Pineda revisiting such Journey staples as "Open Arms," "Faithfully," and "Who's Crying Now." They unnecessarily overstate Pineda's stand-in-for-Perry status.

Sadly, it looks like Perry's only involvement with this project is endorsing his songwriting royalty checks as he laughs all the way to the bank with the sound turned down on "Revelation."

Agree? Disagree?

Me? I am laughing my ass off!!! - Love that last paragraph!!

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down