What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revelation..up there with "Frontiers"

+6
ProgRocker53
frfksakes
caz
Ed
Rick
neilot
10 posters

Go down

Revelation..up there with "Frontiers" Empty Revelation..up there with "Frontiers"

Post by neilot Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:54 am

Arnel..proved to be a great choice.... the new album has perfect pacing too... good ratio of ballads to rockers... Im digging all the songs..except "Never Walk Away" which is just the same song as "Be Good To Yourself" with an odd chord change... they ripped themselves off big time with that one...also "Change For The Better" should have been the lead off track.... its defo the standout tune....big bold.... hard n heavy..with a nice . complex structure... Kevin Shirley.....great job!

Congrats to Dean for gettin this place up n running.... at last an alternative to MDRCOM! I can vent!!! bout time! Evil or Very Mad where is that fag Deano anyway? gggrrrr lol!

neilot
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Revelation..up there with "Frontiers" Empty Re: Revelation..up there with "Frontiers"

Post by Rick Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:47 am

neilot wrote:Arnel..proved to be a great choice.... the new album has perfect pacing too... good ratio of ballads to rockers... Im digging all the songs..except "Never Walk Away" which is just the same song as "Be Good To Yourself" with an odd chord change... they ripped themselves off big time with that one...also "Change For The Better" should have been the lead off track.... its defo the standout tune....big bold.... hard n heavy..with a nice . complex structure... Kevin Shirley.....great job!

Congrats to Dean for gettin this place up n running.... at last an alternative to MDRCOM! I can vent!!! bout time! Evil or Very Mad where is that fag Deano anyway? gggrrrr lol!

Actually the lead off riff is a lot like Believe In Me. If you called the cops and said "Hey, I just ripped myself off!" How crazy would they look at you? Imagine me looking at you that way right now. Laughing
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Revelation..up there with "Frontiers" Empty Re: Revelation..up there with "Frontiers"

Post by Ed Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:15 am

Not even close to Frontiers. Wait till the drugs wear off and talk to me in 2 months. Wink
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by caz Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Laughable that anyone can honestly believe that the new CD has anywhere near the writing, depth and production of Frontiers. Take a nap.

caz
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by neilot Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:13 pm

AR wrote:Not even close to Frontiers. Wait till the drugs wear off and talk to me in 2 months. Wink

ok my meds have worn off slightly... I place it a defo 3rd behind Frontiers and Escape...but its vying with Arrival for that 3rd place... still think the track CFTB is up there, just behind "Seperate Ways" and "Higher Place" ..two album openers... it should have been the lead off on this album...big mistake!

neilot
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:26 pm

neilot wrote:
AR wrote:Not even close to Frontiers. Wait till the drugs wear off and talk to me in 2 months. Wink

ok my meds have worn off slightly... I place it a defo 3rd behind Frontiers and Escape...but its vying with Arrival for that 3rd place... still think the track CFTB is up there, just behind "Seperate Ways" and "Higher Place" ..two album openers... it should have been the lead off on this album...big mistake!

You either need more time, or more drugs..... Wink
frfksakes
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:50 pm

neilot wrote:

As of now I have the album ranked 4th.

1. Journey
2. Escape
3. Frontiers
4. Revelation
5. Arrival (Would be above Rev. without three or four of the ballads)
6. Infinity
7. Generations
8. Raised on Radio
9. Trial by Fire
10. Evolution
11. Departure
12. Next
13. Look into the Future

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:08 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:
neilot wrote:

As of now I have the album ranked 4th.

1. Journey
2. Escape
3. Frontiers
4. Revelation
5. Arrival (Would be above Rev. without three or four of the ballads)
6. Infinity
7. Generations
8. Raised on Radio
9. Trial by Fire
10. Evolution
11. Departure
12. Next
13. Look into the Future

You are a "prog" fan yet you have Arrival above Infinity, Evolution, TBF and Departure? Generations is garbage and you have it over ROR, Evolution, and Departure?

I have seen everything now.

Dude, there is an unwritten rule. No Arnel or Augeri album will never be better than a Perry sang album, never.

PS- I almost choked on my scrambled eggs...."Journey" over Escape and Frontiers? Jesus Christ. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by caz Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 pm

Revelation is Arrival Part Deux. Calling Generations garbage is being kind.

Last edited by caz on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

caz
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Generations was an abortion of an album.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:46 pm

AR wrote:Generations was an abortion of an album.

Remember we were razzing Neal about that at the Boston Hilton? He said promptly, "there is some good material on it" and I agree to a certain extaent, however, now that I know of what happened, I can't listen to anything Augeri. Sickens me. And I am not really blaming him here, at least not solely. I really can't listen to anything Journey anymore, seriously. I feel dirty.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:49 pm

RockinDeano wrote:

Remember we were razzing Neal about that at the Boston Hilton? He said promptly, "there is some good material on it" and I agree to a certain extaent, however, now that I know of what happened, I can't listen to anything Augeri. Sickens me. And I am not really blaming him here, at least not solely. I really can't listen to anything Journey anymore, seriously. I feel dirty.

Dean,

What's your official take on Revelation? You never really said yet.

e- scratch
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:50 pm

True, but the was a few good songs on it.

e- tongue
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bookworm Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:54 pm

We need to not kid ourselves here. Generations was abysmal.

Bookworm
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Jrny1 wrote:

True, but the was a few good songs on it.

e- tongue

Ed there where a couple good tracks but the sonics on it ruined it. I have bootlegs that sound clearer.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:00 pm

RockinDeano wrote:No Arnel or Augeri album will never be better than a Perry sang album, never.
Agreed.
Sarah
Sarah
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Sarah wrote:
RockinDeano wrote:No Arnel or Augeri album will never be better than a Perry sang album, never.
Agreed.

Second that!!!

e- king
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:05 pm

Jrny1 wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Agreed.

Second that!!!

e- king

I'll take Arrival over Trial By Fire, but agree otherwise.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:30 pm

AR wrote:
Jrny1 wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Agreed.

Second that!!!

e- king

I'll take Arrival over Trial By Fire, but agree otherwise.

While certain individual songs shone, Departure suffered from inconsistent song quality and flow.

Too many of Evolution's songs were too samey-samey, Trial by Fire's balladry was especially tame and Infinity had two MASSIVE duds (La Do Da and Can Do) that bring down its rating by themselves. Raised on Radio is Raised on Radio, 'nuff said.

That's why Arrival is ahead of all of those (albeit weighed down by ballads in its own right). I may have slightly overrated Generations, I'll admit, but for some reason I love that album.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down