What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars.

+5
lights1961
Kate
stevew2
natalie
ProgRocker53
9 posters

Go down

Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars. Empty Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars.

Post by ProgRocker53 Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Last night I got myself 3 new CDs...

Lightbulb Sun by Porcupine Tree (Had the original downloaded, this is remastered! GREAT album)

Scenes from a Memory by Dream Theater (The only DT album I don't have, and they say it's the best!)

Dreamboat Annie by Heart (Seeing them in 2 months, don't know much about 'em, gotta get acquainted!)

Saw the new Batman flick... wow. It lived up to the hype for me, it was a great movie. It dragged on for a little too long at the end though, but it was still enjoyable.

And now today... I'm going to go see the WORLD OF OUTLAWS sprint car series at a local dirt track!! It'll be a great time, who knows, Tony Stewart and Kasey Kahne may drop by for a visit!

Last edited by ProgRocker53 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars. Empty Re: Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars.

Post by natalie Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Sounds like a great weekend Prog!!!!

Now if you could just get laid that would top it all off!!!

Have fun!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars. Empty Re: Prog Discusses Heart, Dream Theater, Batman, and sprint cars.

Post by stevew2 Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:15 pm

natalie wrote:Sounds like a great weekend Prog!!!!

Have fun!
He never gets laid

stevew2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stevew2 Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:Last night I got myself 3 new CDs...

Lightbulb Sun by Porcupine Tree (Had the original downloaded, this is remastered! GREAT album)

Scenes from a Memory by Dream Theater (The only DT album I don't have, and they say it's the best!)

Dreamboat Annie by Heart (Seeing them in 2 months, don't know much about 'em, gotta get acquainted!)

Saw the new Batman flick... wow. It lived up to the hype for me, it was a great movie. It dragged on for a little too long at the end though, but it was still enjoyable.

And now today... I'm going to go see the WORLD OF OUTLAWS sprint car series at a local dirt track!! It'll be a great time, who knows, Tony Stewart and Kasey Kahne may drop by for a visit!
Dreamboat Annie always seemed gay to me,didnt it have a fuckin banjo in it? I always got it confused with Little Oral Annie

stevew2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:23 pm

stevew2 wrote:

Have fun!
He never gets laid

There is always hope.

Prog, click your heels together 3 times and say, "I wanna get laid, I wanna get laid.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:25 pm

doka wrote:
stevew2 wrote:

Have fun!
He never gets laid

There is always hope.

Prog, click your heels together 3 times and say, "I wanna get laid, I wanna get laid.

oh, that doesn't work, ever

i've tried

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:42 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:Last night I got myself 3 new CDs...

ANN AND NANCY will blow you away.. HEART KICKS ASS.

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:49 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:
doka wrote:
stevew2 wrote:

Have fun!
He never gets laid

There is always hope.

i've tried

Did you have the ruby slippers on?
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:46 pm

doka wrote:
ProgRocker53 wrote:
doka wrote:
stevew2 wrote:

Have fun!
He never gets laid

There is always hope.

i've tried

Did you have the ruby slippers on?
And were you naked???

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stevew2 Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:13 pm

gross

stevew2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:05 pm

stevew2 wrote:gross

You love it!
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:43 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:

Dude, you (or "they") are high!

There's simply zero comparison to Images and Words or Awake. Either of those two CDs shits....and I mean fucking SHITS....over anything else the band has released. I'll submit that scenes is a great album....but dont you dare even crown that album anything better than Awake and I&W. That's fucking wrong...you'll go to hell for even thinking it. Trust me, im thinking out for the best interests of your very soul.

If you don't agree with what I just said....listen to the dance of eternity (instrumental track on Scenes) and wait for the fucking gay ass rediculous, dick in the ass of the marlboro man circus keyboard part that Jorden Rudess plays. It's so fucking gay that Eric Estrada would shake loose holding hands with Clay Aiken and beat his chest....just to shake the stigma....

seriously....

I don't like to be a fucking doucebag....but awake and IAW shit all over anything that band has ever done...and I've been a fucking fan for longer than most people ever even knew of DT. Fuck, I've personally known those guys since 91. I was at Derek Sherinian's birthday party in Commack, NY back in 94 or 95 (cant quite remember what year it was, alcohol induced...) where I almost beat Al Pitrelli into tomato soup and John Petrucci and a friend had to hold me back.....so like I said, I'm not being a vaginal itch here....

I'm just being serious as a heart attack.....nothing compares to I&W and Awake....nothing!!!!!
Frank
Frank
Frank Talk
Frank Talk

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 am

Haven't spun Scenes yet... only DT album I haven't played, let alone played 100 times....

and I do agree that I&W and Awake shit over everything else DT has done (that I've heard so far) and a whole lot of things most other bands have done too. GREAT, great, greeeeeeeeeat stuff.

Jordan Rudess is sick, BUT alot of his keyboard parts do have a bit of a "is this really necessary, dude?" vibe about them.... we'll see though, after I play the album.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:23 am

strangegrey wrote:
ProgRocker53 wrote:

Dude, you (or "they") are high!

There's simply zero comparison to Images and Words or Awake. Either of those two CDs shits....and I mean fucking SHITS....over anything else the band has released. I'll submit that scenes is a great album....but dont you dare even crown that album anything better than Awake and I&W. That's fucking wrong...you'll go to hell for even thinking it. Trust me, im thinking out for the best interests of your very soul.

If you don't agree with what I just said....listen to the dance of eternity (instrumental track on Scenes) and wait for the fucking gay ass rediculous, dick in the ass of the marlboro man circus keyboard part that Jorden Rudess plays. It's so fucking gay that Eric Estrada would shake loose holding hands with Clay Aiken and beat his chest....just to shake the stigma....

seriously....

I don't like to be a fucking doucebag....but awake and IAW shit all over anything that band has ever done...and I've been a fucking fan for longer than most people ever even knew of DT. Fuck, I've personally known those guys since 91. I was at Derek Sherinian's birthday party in Commack, NY back in 94 or 95 (cant quite remember what year it was, alcohol induced...) where I almost beat Al Pitrelli into tomato soup and John Petrucci and a friend had to hold me back.....so like I said, I'm not being a vaginal itch here....

I'm just being serious as a heart attack.....nothing compares to I&W and Awake....nothing!!!!!

Images is a sick fucking album...

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:15 am

Have fun!

The week-end isn't that long!!!

But nice thought.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Why does Rudess feel the need to throw carnival music in the middle of so many sweet songs? Damn.. Yeah, Scenes was a good listen... very nice actual music and playing from DT, as always, and the concept was very ambitious... BUT.... the whole thing seemed too... over-done, for even Dream Theater. At least that's my initial reaction. Good album, but yeah, nowhere near Images or Awake.

Dreamboat Annie was a great album.. love it... Ann's voice makes me happy inside, I'll probably spin that one hundreds of times.

And I friggin' love sprint car racing. 25 half-ton cars turning 1,000 RPM, throwing themselves around a 3/8th mile track with 12 second laps, going 115 MPH mere inches apart. Epic stuff. I want to start a race team someday and do this stuff myself.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:Why does Rudess feel the need to throw carnival music in the middle of so many sweet songs? Damn.. Yeah, Scenes was a good listen... very nice actual music and playing from DT, as always, and the concept was very ambitious... BUT.... the whole thing seemed too... over-done, for even Dream Theater. At least that's my initial reaction. Good album, but yeah, nowhere near Images or Awake.

Dreamboat Annie was a great album.. love it... Ann's voice makes me happy inside, I'll probably spin that one hundreds of times.

And I friggin' love sprint car racing. 25 half-ton cars turning 1,000 RPM, throwing themselves around a 3/8th mile track with 12 second laps, going 115 MPH mere inches apart. Epic stuff. I want to start a race team someday and do this stuff myself.

The Outlaws are INSANE! Did you know they're on Speed Channel every weekend?
SDGary
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Yeah I know they're on Speed frequently but I don't get to watch TV as much as I'd like to.

If you catch the one from KC Raceway, I was there... didn't see any TV crews though? Wouldn't be surprised if I straight-up missed them, I was too riveted to the action.

Dale Blaney had a misfortune in every heat race he was in, it seemed, but he battled his way all the way back up to take 2nd.. impressive display. Donny Schatz dominated the whole day, clearly the fastest car there, that Stewart steel goes a long way!

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SDGary Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 am

Now, if you pick your Cup races right, you can see the Outlaws at the same time. A lot of the tracks have their own dirt tracks (Vegas, Texas, Charlotte) or tracks nearby (Phoenix off the top of my head) that sometimes run the Outlaws the same weekend Nascar is in town.
One year, they actually covered Bristol with dirt, and ran them there! Not on Cup weekend though, obviously.
SDGary
SDGary
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down