What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Gideon

+7
Gideon
blueskiesisaman
happytrails
Lynn
Lazy Dreamer
SilverBlack
Ed
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Congratulations to Gideon Empty Congratulations to Gideon

Post by Ed Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I personally don't know who or what you are. However you have your own thread on The Annex and seem to be very hated. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Gideon Empty Re: Congratulations to Gideon

Post by SilverBlack Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:20 am

Ed wrote:I personally don't know who or what you are. However you have your own thread on The Annex and seem to be very hated. Laughing

He's a seventeen year old posting on MR who regularly pisses Dean off Wink The kid'll do fine once he stops talking as though he's arguing in court instead of posting on-line when he gets involved in an issue.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 am

SilverBlack wrote:
Ed wrote:I personally don't know who or what you are. However you have your own thread on The Annex and seem to be very hated. Laughing

He's a seventeen year old posting on MR who regularly pisses Dean off Wink The kid'll do fine once he stops talking as though he's arguing in court instead of posting on-line when he gets involved in an issue.

Well the old Dean I remember would have had this kid in tears by now. Laughing

The people on my site HATE this "kid" for some reason I've yet to go read any posts of his though. Just another piece of evidence of how much that forum as changed I guess. More back talk than bad ass.

Seasons will change, you must move on.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Dreamer Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:43 am

I don't know. I've seen his posts. I don't see a problem with him. And Dean...only thinks he'd have him in tears. Wayyy overrated there.

LD

Lazy Dreamer
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 am

Agreed - Giddy can hold his own. And Dean is a spent force - rests on his laurels. He crumbles when someone uses their brains instead of obscenity. The last brawl I had with him, he had to get StJohn to accuse me of being blueskies because he couldn't get a rise out of me! I just laughed at every insult Dean threw at me and challenged him to do better, and he couldn't get it up. Wink Don't know what's going on with him, but he's not up to his old standards, not by a long shot.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:00 am

Ed wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Well the old Dean I remember would have had this kid in tears by now. Laughing

The people on my site HATE this "kid" for some reason I've yet to go read any posts of his though. Just another piece of evidence of how much that forum as changed I guess. More back talk than bad ass.

Seasons will change, you must move on.

Giddy isn't bad ass, but he does get long winded and talks as though it's a debate. Problem is, the kid has brains and doesn't back down from an argument, or let people get away with fuzzy logic. When he chills and goes for a laugh, he's a lot of fun; when he's got a stick up his arse, he gets tiresome. Point is, he doesn't resort to bad language, he uses his brains, and that gets on a few nerves.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:08 am

Long winded debates about Journey would bore me to tears. Not sure what nerve he's struck with certain members of my forum.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:25 am

SilverBlack wrote:Agreed - Giddy can hold his own. And Dean is a spent force - rests on his laurels. He crumbles when someone uses their brains instead of obscenity. The last brawl I had with him, he had to get StJohn to accuse me of being blueskies because he couldn't get a rise out of me! I just laughed at every insult Dean threw at me and challenged him to do better, and he couldn't get it up. Wink Don't know what's going on with him, but he's not up to his old standards, not by a long shot.

You know, I know Dan, and if he made a blueskies joke with you, it wasn't because Dean "told" him to. Dan doesnt' let anyone tell him what to do. It was probably more because you had a really long post like her and he was making a joke.
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:56 am

Lynn wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:Agreed - Giddy can hold his own. And Dean is a spent force - rests on his laurels. He crumbles when someone uses their brains instead of obscenity. The last brawl I had with him, he had to get StJohn to accuse me of being blueskies because he couldn't get a rise out of me! I just laughed at every insult Dean threw at me and challenged him to do better, and he couldn't get it up. Wink Don't know what's going on with him, but he's not up to his old standards, not by a long shot.

You know, I know Dan, and if he made a blueskies joke with you, it wasn't because Dean "told" him to. Dan doesnt' let anyone tell him what to do. It was probably more because you had a really long post like her and he was making a joke.

Four paragraphs is hardly really long. I drew the conclusion because Dean made some threats about 'we will take you down' or something similar, and 15 minutes later Dan made that post. Not saying Dean told him what to say, but knowing how Dean plays, don't doubt Dan was asked to make some comment about me. Actually, the comment made me laugh.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 am

SilverBlack wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Four paragraphs is hardly really long. I drew the conclusion because Dean made some threats about 'we will take you down' or something similar, and 15 minutes later Dan made that post. Not saying Dean told him what to say, but knowing how Dean plays, don't doubt Dan was asked to make some comment about me. Actually, the comment made me laugh.

Well I think that's where a lot of paranoia forms around here. Everyone thinks Dean is telling everyone to post for him, like women too. And maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but I can tell you 100% for sure that Dan doesn't post for anyone. I'm not saying he wouldn't try to defend dean, or make a joke, but he wasn't told is all I'm saying. And if I remember correctly, Behshad backed him up with that thought of your post reminding him of a Blueskies post and he laughed too, and I can tell you 150% for sure that Behshad wasn't told what to do by Dean Laughing I really think they were both poking fun.

Last edited by Lynn on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 am

Lynn wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Well I think that's where a lot of paranoia forms around here. Everyone thinks Dean is telling everyone to post for him, like women too. And maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but I can tell you 100% for sure that Dan doesn't post for anyone. I'm not saying he wouldn't try to defend dean, or make a joke, but he wasn't told is all I'm saying. And if I remember correctly, Behshad backed him up with that thought of your post reminding him of a Blueskies post and he laughed too, and I can tell you 150% that Behshad wasn't told what to do by Dean Laughing I really think they were both poking fun.

Fair enough! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:14 am

Speaking of Gideon, who are the new players at MR these days? As Andrew says there is turnover every few years.

The Annex is the home of the previous regime. I realize Dan is still there at MR, and some holdovers, but who are the new everyday posters of note?

The only time I read is when told to look at something there. Once in awhile I will surf, but not Journey related topics.

Last edited by Ed on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:15 am

You can still read there, can't you? You tell us! Laughing

I'm stunned Madsplash hasn't hit the Annex radar - now there IS an irritating twat!
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:17 am

Hell I can still post there if I really wanted to. I don't care about Journey though. I read the home page which Wombat does an outstanding job on, and occassionally someone points me to an MR thread. That's usually it, with few exceptions.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Dreamer Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:27 am

Every board/forum goes through personnel changes. Kind of like corporations isn't it? You got long timers, middle management, new posters (rather like the kids right out of school looking to get something on their resume).

Change the name, change the avatar, and nothing really changes.

LD

Lazy Dreamer
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:35 am

Lazy Dreamer wrote:Every board/forum goes through personnel changes. Kind of like corporations isn't it? You got long timers, middle management, new posters (rather like the kids right out of school looking to get something on their resume).

Change the name, change the avatar, and nothing really changes.

LD

And take the best and the brightest and "annex" off the mothership. Wink

Even my detractors should admit that was a pretty cool move.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 am

Actually the whole MR board HAS changed a lot. Most wouldn't dispute that.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Dreamer Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 am

Ed wrote:Actually the whole MR board HAS changed a lot. Most wouldn't dispute that.

I do. just the names have changed. Seriously. You think it's changed because the same exact players and tone aren't there. Overall, it really hasn't changed. Circumstances with the band that fronts the forum changed, which caused some changes in board players, but honestly, most of it is the same.

Lazy Dreamer
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 am

It is now a cheerleader forum with only limited dissent allowed. You go on there now and do some of the shit we did during tapegate and you will be shouted down.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Dreamer Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:06 am

Ed wrote:It is now a cheerleader forum with only limited dissent allowed. You go on there now and do some of the shit we did during tapegate and you will be shouted down.

IMO Tapegate was soooooooooooooo poorly handled. What was permitted during that time shouldn't have been. Yes, I realize there are those who felt justified. They weren't. Again...my opinion. And nothing truly changed as a result.

And I think there's plenty of things tolerated on the forum these days that shouldn't be. But see, it's not my board. And I rather like that we don't see things the same way. Doesn't make my opinion any more right or wrong than yours.

Lazy Dreamer
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 am

Lazy Dreamer wrote:
Ed wrote:It is now a cheerleader forum with only limited dissent allowed. You go on there now and do some of the shit we did during tapegate and you will be shouted down.

And I think there's plenty of things tolerated on the forum these days that shouldn't be. But see, it's not my board. And I rather like that we don't see things the same way. Doesn't make my opinion any more right or wrong than yours.

Agreed.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:53 am

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am

happytrails wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:He's a seventeen year old posting on MR who regularly pisses Dean off Wink The kid'll do fine once he stops talking as though he's arguing in court instead of posting on-line when he gets involved in an issue. Giddy can hold his own. And Dean is a spent force - rests on his laurels. He crumbles when someone uses their brains instead of obscenity.

I agree with SB on these points. I enjoy Giddy's posts for the most part until he starts getting too full of himself and then he becomes boring and obnoxious. Interesting that the Annex folks would give him a thought - good or bad, much less his own thread. I wouldn't think he would even be a blip on their radar.

Wasn't a blip on my radar till someone went on a tirade about him the other day. I tell those people to ignore it, but some still read there, and have accounts. Their choice. I don't always agree with everyone on The Annex.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskiesisaman Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Lynn wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Well I think that's where a lot of paranoia forms around here. Everyone thinks Dean is telling everyone to post for him, like women too. And maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but I can tell you 100% for sure that Dan doesn't post for anyone. I'm not saying he wouldn't try to defend dean, or make a joke, but he wasn't told is all I'm saying. And if I remember correctly, Behshad backed him up with that thought of your post reminding him of a Blueskies post and he laughed too, and I can tell you 150% for sure that Behshad wasn't told what to do by Dean Laughing I really think they were both poking fun.

Yeah i thought if you posted anything over a paragraph it was termed "a blueskies",and if you tell everyone your leaving for good to try and get sympathy and then come back a week later, thats called a TVL or phyllis either will work. Congratulations to Gideon AddEmoticons04257

blueskiesisaman
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy