What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Gideon

+7
Gideon
blueskiesisaman
happytrails
Lynn
Lazy Dreamer
SilverBlack
Ed
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Congratulations to Gideon - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to Gideon

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:05 pm

happytrails wrote:Hmmm, I guess Gideon's ears were burning because he has joined us here at WTF! Suspect Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome Giddy!

I have no idea who you are, but you, my friend, are fucking psychic. Laughing
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Gideon wrote:
happytrails wrote:Hmmm, I guess Gideon's ears were burning because he has joined us here at WTF! Suspect Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome Giddy!

Dude you have no clue what you caused. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Ed wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Welcome Giddy!

This, actually, isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Discussion/debating/socializing on forums is something of a hobby of mine. I like to discuss politics, philosophy, religion, pop culture, entertainment. You name it. And on various forums.

I usually get this sort of reputation of a pain in the ass narcissist. Am I getting close? Very Happy
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Gideon wrote:
Ed wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Welcome Giddy!

Discussion/debating/socializing on forums is something of a hobby of mine. I like to discuss politics, philosophy, religion, pop culture, entertainment. You name it. And on various forums.

I usually get this sort of reputation of a pain in the ass narcissist. Am I getting close? Very Happy

Ok, here is the deal, and some here can probably substansiate a bit of it. I used to be a popular poster on MR. Been banned for about a year or so. Only read when told to by friends. Have a split off site. Not a big Journey fan, but some on my site still are and read MR.

Got a few posts about "Gideon". I'm like "WTF is that"? Found it more than hilarious. Laughing

Welcome to WTF. I am the artist formerly know as "AR" on melodicrock.com. Now Deano and everyone there who hates me can tell you what an asshole I am. Very Happy

Congrats for making The Annex radar. Kind of cool.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Ed wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Ed wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Welcome Giddy!

Ok, here is the deal, and some here can probably substansiate a bit of it. I used to be a popular poster on MR. Been banned for about a year or so. Only read when told to by friends. Have a split off site. Not a big Journey fan, but some on my site still are and read MR.

Got a few posts about "Gideon". I'm like "WTF is that"? Found it more than hilarious. Laughing

Welcome to WTF. I am the artist formerly know as "AR" on melodicrock.com. Now Deano and everyone there who hates me can twll you what an asshole I am. Very Happy

Congrats for making The Annex radar. Kind of cool.

Oh, then I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about.

I sent you an email, by the way, when I registered here. I'd like to see this thread at the Annex, if it's all right with you.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 pm

I will go read the e-mail
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Read it.

The Annex is a long story though.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Thank you.

As far as Deano is concerned, I like him. I think he's hilarious and quick-witted. But being that old and that tempermental aren't traits of a person to be feared and revered; they're traits to be mocked and derided.

My policy for Deano is that I laugh at his jokes (even the ones about me) and tolerate his baiting. I let him know that this seventeen year old is a little too clever be hooked and when we do brawl, it will be on my terms, not his.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Gideon wrote:Thank you.

As far as Deano is concerned, I like him. I think he's hilarious and quick-witted. But being that old and that tempermental aren't traits of a person to be feared and revered; they're traits to be mocked and derided.

My policy for Deano is that I laugh at his jokes (even the ones about me) and tolerate his baiting. I let him know that this seventeen year old is a little too clever be hooked and when we do brawl, it will be on my terms, not his.

You Deano-Loving teenager you !Razz

Deano loves teens,,,, girl or boy ! study
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:28 pm

It is a long story. Ask around, then ask me what the truth actually is. Laughing

These forums have been around for a long time. Dean did a lot for me at one time, but I am no longer a fan.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Ed wrote:

It is a long story. Ask around, then ask me what the truth actually is. Laughing

These forums have been around for a long time. Dean did a lot for me at one time, but I am no longer a fan.

So he's not a participant here or at the Annex?
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Just to say, WTF Forums and The Annex are totally on board as off shoot sites cooperating I think. Some on both sites may disagree, but that is what I want. And any asshole from MR who only lurks better know that I like Andrew and the fact that other than me not posting on his forum that he does a lot for me with music questions.

Last edited by Ed on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Gideon wrote:
Ed wrote:

Dean? Oh my God, too late to go into all that. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Ed wrote:Just to say, WTF Forums and The Annex are totally on board as off shoot sites. Some on both sites may disagree, but that is what I want. And any asshole from MR who only lurks better know that I like Andrew and the fact that other than me not posting on his forum that he does a lot for me with music questions.

Understood.

Thanks for the head's up, because I labored under the impression that Deano was a revered individual here.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Ed wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Ed wrote:

Dean? Oh my God, too late to go into all that. Laughing

Laughing
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Gideon wrote:
Ed wrote:Just to say, WTF Forums and The Annex are totally on board as off shoot sites. Some on both sites may disagree, but that is what I want. And any asshole from MR who only lurks better know that I like Andrew and the fact that other than me not posting on his forum that he does a lot for me with music questions.

Understood.

Thanks for the head's up, because I labored under the impression that Deano was a revered individual here.

Long story. Stick around.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Man, oh man. I'm interested in seeing that thread on the Annex. Ed, if you have a heart within you, you will share the wealth.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:38 pm

happytrails wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Understood.

Not anymore - he's pretty much a laughing stock here these days (and well he should be)!

So Giddy, is Deacon coming on over too? Oh and be sure you stay OUT of the adult section - everyone here needs to keep in mind your age. Laughing

Deacon may or may not follow. But I suspect he'll be disappointed at not getting his own thread. You'd think he'd be used to it. Laughing
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:40 pm

Real quick.

Andrew was fed up with the Journey melodicrock board. He threatened to wax it plenty of times. (Wombat - am I wrong?)

I created an MR "annex" to give everyone a voice if that ever happened.

Dean felt threatened by it, despite the fact that I did it for HIM. Go ask Soto.

Anyway, after JSS got canned we got labeled as haters. I am not a fan of Arnel in Journey and joked about him being in the band, and as MR changed I was then known as a racist. Trashed by former friends who used to joke about the band as well.

It's all over and fences are sort of mended i think. No apologies on either side, just agree to disagree. Dean is not part of that though. I forgave him for calling my house and calling my wife a cunt, and he still went back on MR and trashed me and The Annex. FUCK YOU DEAN.

That make any sense?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Sure does.

For the record, though, I am a fan of Arnel and the new incarnation of the band. Actually, I'm a fan of all incarnations of the band.

I'm a little outspoken on the unnecessary Perry-worship, given that we have proof that the guy was a major, major asshole (not disputing his world-class voice). I'm also irritated with unnecessary Arnel-, Soto-, and Augeri-worship, too, though.

But in Arnel's case, the guy seems to be a real class act. People can dislike his voice, it's their choice. I just don't see the logic in hating him when he is, in fact, a far better person (not singer) than Steve Perry ever was.

I don't know you, so I don't know if that's your stance. Just my two cents.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:46 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Gideon wrote:Sure does.

For the record, though, I am a fan of Arnel and the new incarnation of the band. Actually, I'm a fan of all incarnations of the band.

I'm a little outspoken on the unnecessary Perry-worship, given that we have proof that the guy was a major, major asshole (not disputing his world-class voice). I'm also irritated with unnecessary Arnel-, Soto-, and Augeri-worship, too, though.

But in Arnel's case, the guy seems to be a real class act. People can dislike his voice, it's their choice. I just don't see the logic in hating him when he is, in fact, a far better person (not singer) than Steve Perry ever was.

I don't know you, so I don't know if that's your stance. Just my two cents.

I think Arnel is a class act. However I hear issues with his diction singing for Journey and it sounds weird to me. After Journey used up Augeri, used tapes, then screwed over JSS, I am done. I never wavered on that. Some of my criticisms of AP were labeled as "racist" when I was banished, but now come up on MR all the time. "Whooshe go oh whooshe stay" It sounds weird, sorry.

Last edited by Ed on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down