What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band?

+4
Ed
cat
Scarabgator
natalie
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band?

Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band?

Post by Kate Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Sullivan is another Schon and in some ways even worse. I highly doubt that Perry will rejoin Journey and I sincerely doubt that Jamison or Peterik would even consider Survivor. Peterik MIGHT if some very strange issues were ironed out - but Jamison never!
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which singer or guitarist would be more likely to return to their original band?

Post by Scarabgator Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 am

what exactly was the story with Jimi and Survivor? I never really heard anything more than Frankie saying "we've decided to move in a new direction..."????
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 am

Lazy Dreamer wrote:
Styxman wrote:mind you, some would say the keyboard spinning is just as bad Very Happy

I'd be one of them. Gowan...great musician...sounds like a hamster when he sings.

And it took all of them, not just DDY. That being said...please...no don't let him return to the band.

And Ed, I do hope things improve with the MIL.

LD

I used to have a pet Hamster and to be really honest I never heard the fuckin' thing sing. I'll take your word for it Laughing
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 am

I dont know about the hamster either but one night I got really trashed and thought I saw a wallaby singing some alice cooper....
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 am

Scarabgator wrote:I dont know about the hamster either but one night I got really trashed and thought I saw a wallaby singing some alice cooper....
That was Bucky.

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:21 am

natalie wrote:
Scarabgator wrote:I dont know about the hamster either but one night I got really trashed and thought I saw a wallaby singing some alice cooper....
That was Bucky.

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am

Scarabgator wrote:
natalie wrote:
That was Bucky.

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

scratch study
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Based on what I know about each's personal circumstances+the politics of each band, I'd say PC. He didn't really leave the group with a lot of animosity, he kind of just "went solo" on good terms. I really like Jason Scheff, so if it happened, I hope they'd make room for both, especially since Jason has sang some killer songs of his own over the years on Chicago records. I do think he's much better in the studio than live, his voice is just a bit thin for live performances.

But, as has been touched on, I don't think PC is a big fan of touring/live performances, so it's probably unlikely in that regard.

The other guys - no chance.

Perry - Won't even sing by himself, let alone work up the balls to sing AND put water under the bridge with Schon/Cain

Richrath - At this point, probably about as capable on the guitar as the saxophone player on E. 9th St in Cleveland and definitely drunker

DeYoung to Styx - MAYBE - if JY left the band. I think there'd even be a chance that Gowan would stay on as a keyboard player since Dennis seems to prefer "Fronting" shows these days. It's hard to see JY leaving the band barring a terminal illness though.

Jamo/Peterik - No way. Neither has any interest in working with Sullivan.

Gramm - Nope. Too good a thing going on with Hanssen there and I doubt Lou would really want to tour with them again. Plus, he just can't do it anymore, kudos to him for keeping at it though.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Perry - Won't even sing by himself, let alone work up the balls to sing AND put water under the bridge with Schon/Cain

If Perry ever wanted to perform live again, he has no need for Schon and Cain.

Still think it has been cool to see Halford rejoin Judas Priest, Dio return to Sabbath/Heaven and Hell, Roth back in Van Halen, etc.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:34 pm

I kinda disagree with the Jamison/Peterik theory. I believe they-or at least Jimi-would be more apt to returning. Lets face it-Survivor needs him and he needs Survivor. Im sure hes at peace with his solo stuff-which is REALLY good btw but hes gonna draw bigger audiences behind the Survivor name. And I know people who went to see Survivor with McCauley and even though he sounds good many asked "who the hell is this...?"
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Scarabgator wrote:I kinda disagree with the Jamison/Peterik theory. I believe they-or at least Jimi-would be more apt to returning. Lets face it-Survivor needs him and he needs Survivor. Im sure hes at peace with his solo stuff-which is REALLY good btw but hes gonna draw bigger audiences behind the Survivor name. And I know people who went to see Survivor with McCauley and even though he sounds good many asked "who the hell is this...?"

That is a question that many have asked about more than a few bands lately Twisted Evil

JJ return to Survivor - will not happen.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:21 am

I agree Doka. If you were just a casual Journey fan, didnt keep up with the personnel news and notes, bought a ticket to see them in concert expecting Steve Perry and you were given arnel pineda......that kind of thing could incite a riot! God I wish Augeri would return to Journey.
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:26 am

Scarabgator wrote:I agree Doka. If you were just a casual Journey fan, didnt keep up with the personnel news and notes, bought a ticket to see them in concert expecting Steve Perry and you were given arnel pineda......that kind of thing could incite a riot! God I wish Augeri would return to Journey.

Maybe whoever started the poll should have added that option.

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:35 am

but the poll was for original members...
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 am

Scarabgator wrote:but the poll was for original members...
OOHHHH! Yes, I forgot.

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 am

to some of the BT chicks he probably is an original member, get the fuck outta here with that suggestion Shocked
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2