What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

+16
Deb
Lynn
cat
DP
Kel
3DG
blueskiesisaman
RVR
Lazy Dreamer
happytrails
blueskies
larry
Kate
SilverBlack
Styxman
Ed
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" Empty Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm

You know it and I know it.

Dean, me and others have always been as duke22 says "topic starters". On all these boards, if Dean and Saint John stop posting on MR, traffic slows. Same goes for me on some other sites. The Annex once had a split and my guys created another site called "No Mo Drama" to appease certain people. It failed. Everyone who complained about me, failed to support it - proving my point. We relaunched The Annex - and activity picked back up. All the complainers who wanted things to be vanilla, never supported NMD and were left behind when we started things back up. My renegade "Original Annex" went crazy with activity and posters in the interim.

This is not to say that I am going back to my old posting style here at WTF. This is merely an observation.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" Empty Re: Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

Post by Styxman Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Enthralling Ed...to think Controversy creates activity Shocked Now fuck off and think of something more interesting you Baltimore retard bounce
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" Empty Re: Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Styxman wrote:Enthralling Ed...to think Controversy creates activity Shocked Now fuck off and think of something more interesting you Baltimore retard bounce

This work for you Ian?

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" FatChick
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Ed wrote:
Styxman wrote:Enthralling Ed...to think Controversy creates activity Shocked Now fuck off and think of something more interesting you Baltimore retard bounce

This work for you Ian?

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" FatChick

A box with an X in it scratch Can't see anything Ed?
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Never mind, it was revolting anyway. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Ed wrote:Never mind, it was revolting anyway. Laughing

Oh! I can imagine what it was...Team photo of the Ravens Laughing
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Styxman wrote:
Ed wrote:Never mind, it was revolting anyway. Laughing

Oh! I can imagine what it was...Team photo of the Ravens Laughing

You should be so lucky!
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Sad but true that controversy attracts numbers - rubbernecks abound, even on the internet. But I will debate that it's just Dean and St John who are capable of that. And to be honest, those two have become predictable and dull of late.
Dean resorts to foul language right off, but doesn't seem to bother with the intelligent debate he used to include any more, and StJohn is just plain ornery - nothing intelligent to say, or even interestingly controversial, he's just turned into a cranky old man yelling 'you internet kids get offa my lawn!'
I used to enjoy their smack downs on the board, not because they were smackdowns but because they were interesting. They had a bit of brain behind them, and they ripped apart any foolishness they found. These days - no brain, no insight, no interest, just cranky repetitive abuse. On MR, Gideon and Deacon are giving them a run for their money; when those 2 seventeen year olds get the fun/reasoning balance sorted out in their posts, Dean and Dan may as well retire.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Good post SB.

Dean is a "has been". He has been the reason alot of good posters have left Andrew's site. Most people will not take the verbal carnage and abuse that come from him. He isn't as knowledgable as he once was. He has been labelled, tagged, blackballed so therefore no "inside info" that let him feel as though he was the king of the board. When BS wrote "Glory Days" he was thinking about Dean.(For those who think this is a hateful statement, and I know you are reading - go put your head in the washing machine and put it on spin)

Dan on the other hand is a good poster. He can say in one sentence what it takes blueskies to say in 75. I have never seen Dan be mean, crude or abusive to another woman on the site. Decent man.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by larry Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:23 pm

doka wrote:Good post SB.

Dean is a "has been". He has been the reason alot of good posters have left Andrew's site. Most people will not take the verbal carnage and abuse that come from him. He isn't as knowledgable as he once was. He has been labelled, tagged, blackballed so therefore no "inside info" that let him feel as though he was the king of the board. When BS wrote "Glory Days" he was thinking about Dean.(For those who think this is a hateful statement, and I know you are reading - go put your head in the washing machine and put it on spin)

Dan on the other hand is a good poster. He can say in one sentence what it takes blueskies to say in 75. I have never seen Dan be mean, crude or abusive to another woman on the site. Decent man.

say doka.. do you post on MR? im not sure if i really know ya.. whats your story and how did you get to be a mod here..

deans cool.. a pussy cat even..
larry
larry
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:33 pm

My thing with this blog is what it is I used to go off and I was a major MR force for a long time. Toned it down and am enjoying just being me here.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Don't know who you are but your crazy.
Dan has given me more crap on MR then Dean ever did. When Dean apologized he meant it and kept his word and never did it towards me again.
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Some women like abuse - if a verbal abuser like Dean turns you on...hey I am sure you need your kicks anyway you can get them.

I am sure Phyllo that as long as he isnt verbally abusing you then thats ok then, right?

You old pussy petter you Laughing
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 pm

doka wrote:Some women like abuse - if a verbal abuser like Dean turns you on...hey I am sure you need your kicks anyway you can get them.

I am sure Phyllo that as long as he isnt verbally abusing you then thats ok then, right?

You old pussy petter you Laughing
I didn't say I condoned it...it's well known on MR and with Dean that I don't...he and I have had words about it on the board and off many times. I only stated the fact that with me he said he wouldn't talk to me in that manner any more a long time ago and he hasn't. I was also pointing out your inaccuracy about Dan never conducting any verbal abuse towards a woman when he has many times and said things even worse then Dean ever did towards me.

Yes, I have been offended by both....but I don't know why you would be since you are conducting yourself in the same manner that you accuse Dean of doing....in another thread and here towards me now. I would say that you come off as quite piggish yourself. Rolling Eyes
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Other than one woman here that I apologized too on PM, I never really abused anyone as AR. Just saying. Smile
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by happytrails Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

happytrails wrote:
larry wrote:

Dean is a "has been". He has been the reason a lot of good posters have left Andrew's site. Most people will not take the verbal carnage and abuse that come from him. He isn't as knowledgeable as he once was. He has been labelled, tagged, blackballed so therefore no "inside info" that let him feel as though he was the king of the board. When BS wrote "Glory Days" he was thinking about Dean.(For those who think this is a hateful statement, and I know you are reading - go put your head in the washing machine and put it on spin)

say doka.. do you post on MR? im not sure if i really know ya.. whats your story and how did you get to be a mod here..

deans NOT cool.. he is a pussy..

There fixed it for you! As SB and Doka both stated, Dean is old and stale, as well as vulgar and obnoxious, with none of the small crumbs of insight he used to throw in the mix. ALL of his routines, from the playing the "Grand Poobah" of MR to "I'm leaving because everyone here hates me" to his own admission recently of being totally irrelevant on the MR board are getting old. Those routines were put on play, cycle, repeat too many times and people are just sick of it. His latest "grand re-entrance" to save MR was a complete failure and the fact that he texted over 3 dozen people in a drunken stupor the night before to announce he was "coming to take his board back" was a total embarrassment and typical of the only type of behavior or "knowledge" anyone at MR can expect from Dean these days.

Well said Happy. Excellent post.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 pm

larry wrote:

Because I am cute and adorable! How about you Larry? Wink
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:16 am

I am cute too. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:36 am

Ed wrote:I am cute too. Laughing

Ya but I am cuter Wink
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am

It's not that Ed, Dean and Dan need to be retired.........there comes a point when the nuleous becomes fragmented causing the energy of the poster to become weaker, the incentive's gone. There used to be Friday Nights followed by Saturdays and melt down Sundays that you just couldn't keep up with..stay off for a day and you'd always miss something important. You can catch up on a month's worth of posts in an hour here, that's the difference.
This board (which is run well by Behshad and his bitches!) is really just a messing about place to vent every now and again, nothing serious ever goes on and that's what I like about it. As for me, I'm just seeing out my retirement in this lovely nursing home as 5 years short of 50 means it's all but over for me on forums.

Since when did Dan become the perfect gentleman, I remember a time when he offered to shove a metal post up my arse. (always willing to try something new!!)

You know that closing scene in St Elmo's, that's how most of us should look at the likes of MR.....have a little laugh and move on Very Happy
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Styxman wrote:It's not that Ed, Dean and Dan need to be retired.........there comes a point when the nuleous becomes fragmented causing the energy of the poster to become weaker, the incentive's gone. There used to be Friday Nights followed by Saturdays and melt down Sundays that you just couldn't keep up with..stay off for a day and you'd always miss something important. You can catch up on a month's worth of posts in an hour here, that's the difference.
This board (which is run well by Behshad and his bitches!) is really just a messing about place to vent every now and again, nothing serious ever goes on and that's what I like about it. As for me, I'm just seeing out my retirement in this lovely nursing home as 5 years short of 50 means it's all but over for me on forums.

Since when did Dan become the perfect gentleman, I remember a time when he offered to shove a metal post up my arse. (always willing to try something new!!)

You know that closing scene in St Elmo's, that's how most of us should look at the likes of MR.....have a little laugh and move on Very Happy

I like this.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Going off subject a little, what guy would you have been in Elmo's Ed? Myself, it would probably be McCarthy
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Styxman wrote:Going off subject a little, what guy would you have been in Elmo's Ed? Myself, it would probably be McCarthy

I liked that movie, but have no idea what character Id actually identify with.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Ed wrote:Other than one woman here that I apologized too on PM, I never really abused anyone as AR. Just saying. Smile
and who would that be? Wink
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next