What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

+16
Deb
Lynn
cat
DP
Kel
3DG
blueskiesisaman
RVR
Lazy Dreamer
happytrails
blueskies
larry
Kate
SilverBlack
Styxman
Ed
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 Empty Re: Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

Post by Kate Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm in the witness protection program....what's your excuse? Laughing Wink
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 Empty Re: Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity"

Post by larry Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:47 am

doka wrote:I'm in the witness protection program....what's your excuse? Laughing Wink

i have a front tooth missing..
larry
larry
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 am

larry wrote:
doka wrote:I'm in the witness protection program....what's your excuse? Laughing Wink

i have a front tooth missing..

Well just draw it in...I am sure it will be fine.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 am

Deb wrote:
Ed wrote:
That fucker has aged a lot hasn't he?

I think it's more the beard......they age guys IMO. Hate em. Laughing

Some guys need them, either because without a beard, even at fifty they look like a five year old without it, or because it disguises a 'weak' chin. But those men are in the minority. I hated it when my ex shaved off his beard, because then he looked exactly like his father, and while I loved my father-in-common-law, I did not want him in bed with me! Laughing Laughing
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 am

larry wrote:quick , everyone post a current pic of themselves so we can see who we are talking to..

if you dont post that pic then your hiding something..

Me and the wife.

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 Wife
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskiesisaman Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:33 pm

locokat02 wrote:Isn't it amazing that we take into our homes one of the most insecure devices ever created...computers and the Internet! It can be hacked and sites online can be manipulated by just a few.

Never met anyone from MR, WTF, or any of the Perry sites I joined; however, there's some I'd go out of my way not to meet. That includes Deano and SinJohn 'cause they're both "bully-boys" IMO...not that I back down for bullies.

BTW, is yulog Deano? I noticed when Deano left he appeared.
Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 EMOHA2laughing003HL21

blueskiesisaman
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskiesisaman Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:45 pm

doka wrote:
locokat02 wrote:

Even though they have the same type of "potty humor" I do not believe they occupy the same body.

A little disturbing that there are 2 of them Laughing

In honor of your potty comment , i got this just for you!

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 56 I'm sorry folks, Doka is going to be busy for the rest of the day...week...month.. oh hell don't call her she will call us when she's back! Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 EMOHAbFun019HL1

blueskiesisaman
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:15 pm

blueskiesisaman wrote:
doka wrote:
locokat02 wrote:

Even though they have the same type of "potty humor" I do not believe they occupy the same body.

A little disturbing that there are 2 of them Laughing

In honor of your potty comment , i got this just for you!

Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 56 I'm sorry folks, Doka is going to be busy for the rest of the day...week...month.. oh hell don't call her she will call us when she's back! Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 EMOHAbFun019HL1

Best gif I've seen in awhile yulog. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Well at least that tongue is somewhat useful, unlike some others Twisted Evil
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 pm

SilverBlack wrote:
Deb wrote:I just wish ya could do away with the anonymity of these boards and everybody's AV would have to be a pic of themselves so people would be more accountable for what they are posting. I've never gotten the alter-ego personalities on some of the boards. Do some people have such teeny tiny weeny balls that they have to become somebody else to interact? Laughing I'm exactly who I am off or on the boards (good or bad geek Laughing) and so are a number of people I've met from the boards.

That anonymity thing is so dangerous for some people, because it gives them the sense that they can get away with anything. Especially with a group of nutcases like this community Wink , because we all tend to post on a few different sites, sometimes with different user names, and PMs, IMs, email and real-world connections means that a lot of stuff goes on off the boards and out of public sight. Now there's nothing wrong with that - hell, it's not like I don't talk regularly with a dozen or more people I've met from here and MR, and who knows how many more on the odd occaision. There are a lot of 'conversations' that go on in public that frankly bore me to tears, and I wish they would go to a chatroom or a bedroom or whatever.

The problem is the fights and games that go on that aren't public, where one or two people decide that their relative anonymity gives them the ability to fuck with people. Games abound, with mind fucks, cons, fights, reputation slams, all able to occur because none of us knows what everyone else is doing out of sight. People lying about themselves, about their jobs, taking on fake user IDs, two people ganging up to beat up on a person, people going out to romance someone with lies, or to con them, or to set them up for a fall. They do it because they think they can get away with it, because of that illusion of anonymity.

Except, of course, it is an illusion. No one is really anonymous on-line, and if you know how, you can find out anything about anyone. Piss off the wrong person on-line, and if they have the skills (and I know a few who do) they can track you, find out everything about you, and fuck up your life in a hundred tiny ways. I know one guy who gets 'randomly' audited by the tax department every year, gets 'randomly' pulled out for extra security checks every time he goes through the airport, and keeps getting his utilities cut off because a 'computer glitch' changes the billing address on his account to another suburb, so he doesn't get his bills. Now, of course, I'm not saying he's been targeted, but his ex-wife's brother is a cracker Wink Laughing

Hell, you don't even need that level of IT skills to catch people out. I can usually tell after a while if someone is lying about being involved a couple of fields; music, teaching, the wine industry, medicine, the media. It takes a while, but if someone regularly lies about their involvement in one of those areas, I can pick it up after a while; not enough to bust them usually, but enough to know that they're fake. Someone who researches an area but doesn't work in it makes all kinds of mistakes, from failing to recognise industry jargon to sometimes just talking about it too much, in the wrong kind of way. Kind of like a student who talks about what they've learned all the time; professionals don't actually talk that way.

If you've got a good memory, you usually catch people out because they forget their lies and contradict themselves. I'm sure we're all guilty of telling a good tale that's maybe got more gloss than the kernal of truth at the heart, and that's ok, it's fun and entertaining, but out-right lies get pretty easy to pick up after a while, especially if you go back and start reading entire threads of conversations involving one or two people. That's the thing, you see; words are dangerous things, they don't go away. And any one who thinks there is such a thing as 'privacy' on the internet is kidding themselves. It's all an illusion, and it only lasts until someone has a reason to go looking.

It's sensible people like you that put me off posting
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Deb wrote:I just wish ya could do away with the anonymity of these boards and everybody's AV would have to be a pic of themselves so people would be more accountable for what they are posting. I've never gotten the alter-ego personalities on some of the boards. Do some people have such teeny tiny weeny balls that they have to become somebody else to interact? Laughing I'm exactly who I am off or on the boards (good or bad geek Laughing) and so are a number of people I've met from the boards.

That anonymity thing is so dangerous for some people, because it gives them the sense that they can get away with anything. Especially with a group of nutcases like this community Wink , because we all tend to post on a few different sites, sometimes with different user names, and PMs, IMs, email and real-world connections means that a lot of stuff goes on off the boards and out of public sight. Now there's nothing wrong with that - hell, it's not like I don't talk regularly with a dozen or more people I've met from here and MR, and who knows how many more on the odd occaision. There are a lot of 'conversations' that go on in public that frankly bore me to tears, and I wish they would go to a chatroom or a bedroom or whatever.

The problem is the fights and games that go on that aren't public, where one or two people decide that their relative anonymity gives them the ability to fuck with people. Games abound, with mind fucks, cons, fights, reputation slams, all able to occur because none of us knows what everyone else is doing out of sight. People lying about themselves, about their jobs, taking on fake user IDs, two people ganging up to beat up on a person, people going out to romance someone with lies, or to con them, or to set them up for a fall. They do it because they think they can get away with it, because of that illusion of anonymity.

Except, of course, it is an illusion. No one is really anonymous on-line, and if you know how, you can find out anything about anyone. Piss off the wrong person on-line, and if they have the skills (and I know a few who do) they can track you, find out everything about you, and fuck up your life in a hundred tiny ways. I know one guy who gets 'randomly' audited by the tax department every year, gets 'randomly' pulled out for extra security checks every time he goes through the airport, and keeps getting his utilities cut off because a 'computer glitch' changes the billing address on his account to another suburb, so he doesn't get his bills. Now, of course, I'm not saying he's been targeted, but his ex-wife's brother is a cracker Wink Laughing

Hell, you don't even need that level of IT skills to catch people out. I can usually tell after a while if someone is lying about being involved a couple of fields; music, teaching, the wine industry, medicine, the media. It takes a while, but if someone regularly lies about their involvement in one of those areas, I can pick it up after a while; not enough to bust them usually, but enough to know that they're fake. Someone who researches an area but doesn't work in it makes all kinds of mistakes, from failing to recognise industry jargon to sometimes just talking about it too much, in the wrong kind of way. Kind of like a student who talks about what they've learned all the time; professionals don't actually talk that way.

If you've got a good memory, you usually catch people out because they forget their lies and contradict themselves. I'm sure we're all guilty of telling a good tale that's maybe got more gloss than the kernal of truth at the heart, and that's ok, it's fun and entertaining, but out-right lies get pretty easy to pick up after a while, especially if you go back and start reading entire threads of conversations involving one or two people. That's the thing, you see; words are dangerous things, they don't go away. And any one who thinks there is such a thing as 'privacy' on the internet is kidding themselves. It's all an illusion, and it only lasts until someone has a reason to go looking.

Bite me Styxie. It was the teeny, tiny, weeny balls comment, wasn't it?! Razz Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by locokat02 Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 am

Since the lid is up, that device is made for a guy, isn't it? Smile

As for a picture...no use 'cause I could put up any picture as me and who'd know the difference? Razz
locokat02
locokat02
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 am

larry wrote:someone "name names" i have never met any of the , game players, or con men ,, someone help me out..

who are these deviant people..

If you really want to know, drop me a PM. And a photo, proof of identity signed by a notary, a letter from your mother and a three page essay on 'Who do you think you are?' to prove you aren't one of 'them', obviously Wink
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 am

Styxman wrote: It's sensible people like you that put me off posting

I'm so sorry. Would you like me to post something inane instead?

Name three football teams with swear words in their name...

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,
and Fucking West Ham United.

(I used to tell the one about Snow White going to the mine and realising Dopey has survived the rock fall when someone yelled out 'West Ham have still got a shot at the FA Cup!', to annoy my ex and his Dad, but sadly that joke stopped working in 2006.)
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Deb wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Bite me Styxie. It was the teeny, tiny, weeny balls comment, wasn't it?! Razz Laughing

See everyone! I have shown my picture and Canadian Deb could only glance down at my balls Shocked The picture was a distance shot, so they would look small and not real size as in a close up Cool
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 pm

SilverBlack wrote:

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,

(I used to tell the one about Snow White going to the mine and realising Dopey has survived the rock fall when someone yelled out 'West Ham have still got a shot at the FA Cup!', to annoy my ex and his Dad, but sadly that joke stopped working in 2006.)

I had to sit for 6 hours on a coach trip home from Lake Garda next to a West Ham fan...I wish I'd had a gun that day Laughing He went on and fuckin' on about Trevor Brooking Sleep

Okay your posting style is now a little better but stop trying to analise our styles and if we're lying because that's a pet hate of mine SB Mad You're an English Chick then?
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:53 am

Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,

I had to sit for 6 hours on a coach trip home from Lake Garda next to a West Ham fan...I wish I'd had a gun that day Laughing He went on and fuckin' on about Trevor Brooking Sleep

Okay your posting style is now a little better but stop trying to analise our styles and if we're lying because that's a pet hate of mine SB Mad You're an English Chick then?

Wash your mouth out, I'm Welsh.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:19 am

SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,

Holy Fuck, so am I!!! North Wales - The better part of Wales Cool
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,

Too funny, I'm Welsh too, on my mum's side. Laughing Twisted Evil
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,

My family's from Ceredigion, but settled in Briton Ferry/Neath in the 20s, and all the time I've been in Wales I've lived in Cardiff. I was born in Australia, but I'm Welsh through and through. Even branded Wink
Ed's Blog - Vol 2 - "Controversy creates activity" - Page 4 Tattoo
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:18 am

SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:

Arsenal,
Scunthorpe,

My family's from Ceredigion, but settled in Briton Ferry/Neath in the 20s, and all the time I've been in Wales I've lived in Cardiff. I was born in Australia, but I'm Welsh through and through. Even branded Wink

Cardiff...the city that's drunk 24/7 Cool I thought you were a guy for a minute but that's your arm, right?
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:30 am

Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
SilverBlack wrote:
Styxman wrote:
You're an English Chick then?

Cardiff...the city that's drunk 24/7 Cool I thought you were a guy for a minute but that's your arm, right?

No I'm not a bloke (although technically I do have a man's name - my mother can't spell in Welsh Rolling Eyes ), yes that is my arm, and Cardiff is full of piss-heads, especially on match days. Nothing like it when Cardiff plays Swansea - all you can see after the match is blokes from Swansea and the Valleys pissing in full view up and down St Marys Street and throwing up in Queens Street. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nos da, Styxie cariad. Or as I used to piss of my northen friends with - Shwmae, Sport! Wink

(Still don't know why you'd think I was a bloke for a minute...)
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:37 am

SilverBlack wrote:
Nos da, Styxie cariad. Or as I used to piss of my northen friends with - Shwmae, Sport! Wink

You're calling me a sweetheart now Cool Anyway it's Bora Da from me. I'm off to work.

Is it an arm or the base of a ? Laughing
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:46 am

It's my arm, but I was actually lying down when the photo was taken, which is why my boobs look slightly odd.

And why shouldn't I call you a sweetheart? You're Welsh aren't you? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:58 am

SilverBlack wrote:

I cannot believe YOU did not get that, after you told me the Welcome to Jamaica joke.
Bianca
Bianca
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next